FAQ #1: Covering the Basics

I'm going to answer a few questions people might have, very generally. If you are interested in more detailed versions of anything here or have other questions, just ask and I will be happy to elaborate.

Pics or it ain't happening.


Dis us.
Where we live:
Kaz is in my hometown in North Carolina. I live in Virginia, but I frequently go between Virginia and NC.

How long have we been dating?
Only seven and a half months.

How did we started dating?
We met via the Coffee Meets Bagel app. After a week or so of chatting, we went on our first date, and our second date the night after. He asked me out at the end of the second date.

Have we met the families?
He has celebrated multiple holidays with my family. I plan to go to Japan in June to meet his.

How did our families react?
My family has always been completely fine with interracial dating. His mom told him to take good care of me, and 'likes' our pictures on Facebook. His father didn't disapprove, but he told Kaz to be cautious when it comes to intercultural relationships.

Any plans for marriage?
We have talked about it before but we're not at that point just yet!

Do we speak mostly Japanese or English?
90-95% English. Kaz prefers it over speaking Japanese. I have studied Japanese but I have not studied diligently in a good while.

What do we do?
We're both mere, lowly, humble grad students.

Why do we call ourselves Kazzy and Decchan?
Decchan was a nickname given to me by a friend when I studied abroad a few years ago. Kazzy is Kaz's favorite nickname out of the 10+ ones I call him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Find Your Love in Japan, Kaz's Parents, and Our YouTube Channel

~*~ At The Gala ~*~

I'm in Japan! Sorry About Last Week.