Find Your Love In Japan!

I was fortunate enough to be included in a Find Your Love In Japan video!



For those of you who haven't heard of this channel, it is run by a Japanese guy named Nobita who answers questions people have about dating Japanese people, as well as Japanese culture as it pertains to people and dating. He is very motivational, and he has greatly inspired me over the past couple of years.

I lost like, thirty minutes of some sleep after we did the interview. Would people think I'm a weeaboo for going by Decchan? Would people call me ugly and question what guy would really date me for anything other than a green card? (Ouch.) Would there be a negative reaction overall? Did I say something insensitive that everyone disagrees with?

However, I know it comes with the territory. There will always be people there to call black women terrible names. There will always be people who call people out at the slightest hint of their being "too" into Japanese culture. Most people will have an unpopular opinion or two. I was prepared for that when I made the decision to share a slice of our life, and asked Kaz if he was okay with it.

The response so far (the video was uploaded two hours ago) has been pretty positive, which is wonderful. I hope this video helps to give someone who has given up the kick in the pants they need to try, try again, just as his videos did in the past for me.

If you found this blog after watching the video, welcome!

~Decchan

Comments

  1. Hello im Shizuka234 and yes it did help and I thank you. :3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks so much for checking this out and commenting! I'm so happy to hear that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Find Your Love in Japan, Kaz's Parents, and Our YouTube Channel

~*~ At The Gala ~*~

I'm in Japan! Sorry About Last Week.